Friday 22 March 2013

Yummy cookies



As I'm getting some visitors tomorrow, I thought I would make my favourite old faithful cookie recipe. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure where I first discovered this recipe and its had several alterations since I first made it. What I love about this recipe is its really hard to get wrong and they taste like the chewy, gooey American style cookies!



Ingredients

50g Dark Muscovado sugar
175g Caster sugar (Still works with normal granulated sugar)
125g Butter
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract.
225g self raising flour
1/2 tsp salt.
100g Milk chocolate chips
100g White chocolate chips.

  1. Preheat oven at 180°C.
  2. Cream butter and sugars together.
  3. Lightly beat egg.
  4. Add egg and vanilla extract and combine.
  5. Add flour (I don't bother sifting) and salt.
  6. Add chocolate chips. You should now have a nice cookie dough
  7. I then make them into balls roughly the size of a golf ball and squish them flatish. (They work at all different sizes, just need to keep an eye on them in the oven.) I cover a baking tray with reusable baking paper and fit six balls per tray. 
  8. Place in the oven. The amount of time is dependent upon how you prefer them. If you want them really gooey like the many chains of cookie stores make them then they need around 8 minutes. If you like them a bit crisper and golden then 10-12 minutes.


Once they've cooled, if you want to get that fresh from the oven gooeyness back, then I stick them in the microwave for 10 seconds.

I am planning on modifying this recipe for Bonfire Night to make some toffee apple cookies and also want to try a maple syrup and pecan version (Will let you know how these turn out!)

Chocolate roses were made using mould bought from Ebay here

No comments:

Post a Comment