Wednesday 3 July 2013

Impromptu tea party

How to throw a girl's tea party

I thought I would share with you some pictures of a last minute tea party I had with my 4 year old niece. I'm always well prepared to throw an impromptu tea party, as I have lots of fabric, lace, tea pots, tea cups and bunting. 

How to throw a girl's tea party

I found these plastic wine glasses at Tesco for £2 for 8.  I decorated them with some stick on pink jewels (99p from The Works) and wrote our names in a fine permanent marker. We drank pink lemonade and some non-alcoholic red grape sparkling wine. 


How to throw a girl's tea party

My niece has quite a sophisticated palate, so no cucumber sandwiches here. She prefers antipasto of olives, cheese and cured meats. That's the key to a great tea party - eating a bit of all of your favourite food.

How to throw a girl's tea party

Cakes, buns, cookies, Haribo sweeties, and hot chocolate with marshmellows for dessert. Yum! 

How to throw a girl's tea party

I'm a huge lover of spices. I had a revelation by putting some spices on the crisps. My mum brings me huge bags of spice mixes from her holidays in Spain and they made a delicious seasoning on my Hula Hoops. My niece was particularly taken by my battery operated heart-shaped twinkly lights (bought from The Range here), so she took these home to decorate her bedroom.

We played pass the parcel, had a little disco and I bought some hama beads to play with. (The beads that you put onto a board and then iron to stick them together into patterns.)

When was your last tea party? 


No comments:

Post a Comment